This beach began to form after the construction of the Port of Adra in 1911. Its 730 metres long run parallel to the Poniente promenade, opened in 2006. It is bounded by the milestone set by the Coast Guard Service at the mouth of the Rambla of Bolaños and the completion of the promenade (until the Civil Guard barracks). It is a wide beach composed of gravel and dark sand, with a moderate swell. Its high occupancy rate is due to the prestige of being considered one of the cleanest beaches in the area and the multitude of services offered. Equipped with an excellent equipment, it has the Certification “Q” of Tourism Quality.
Just as the Sirena loca beach, its origin is associated with the construction of the Port of Adra in 1911. The current situation emerged in the late 1940s when the port of Adra was blocked as a result of the drag of sand along the coast to reach the Poniente breakwater, where it continued his progress and was deposited at the seabed. As a solution to the problem, a 'breakwater in T " was constructed to retain the sand, enabling the formation of the old Poniente Beach in the early 1950s. There are services of drinking water supply, sanitation and street lighting as well as litter bins and showers.
This beach is located between the Levante breakwater of the Port of Adra and the seawall which separates it from the Censo beach. With a length of 550 metres and a width of 40 metres, its integration into the urban core involves an attractive use for neighbors and makes the visit enjoyable given the small displacement they have to perform. It takes its name from the ancient factory "Ingenio de San Nicolás" (closed in 1897), where sugar was obtained from the sweet cane, and which was located in the nearshore zone.
The promenade that runs parallel to this beach is a pedestrian area that enables the access to the entire front of it. With the urban development, the area has become the preferred place to stroll and enjoy leisure activities. The Adra City Council has scared no efforts to guarantee high quality services, an effort which was rewarded with the obtainment of a Blue Flag and the Q for Tourism Quality in 2009.
It can be considered as an extension of the San Nicolás Beach; its promenade, with a total length of 500 metres, is equipped with bicycle lane and it obtained the Blue Flag and the Q for Tourism Quality in 2009.
Located in the area of La Caracola, it is bordered to the west by the Fuente Ahijado ravine and the Bolaños ravine to the east. It is approximately 4 kilometers long and 12 meters wide. Its composition of rocks enables the practice of spearfishing, and its crystalline waters allow the contemplation of its rich and diverse marine fauna and flora. It has undergone an intervention for its environmental regeneration, because this stretch of coast has suffered severe erosion. This beach, whose occupancy is medium-high, is also equipped with showers, wooden walkways, bins, cleaning service and coastal surveillance.
With an area of 4,300 meters long and 15 meters wide, and a low occupancy rate, this secluded beach without promenade consists mainly of pebbles, gravel and dark sand. It is a windy area with moderate swell.
It is a semi-urban beach with a length of 1,420 meters and 15 meters wide, composed mainly of dark sand and gravel. With moderate waves, it has not a promenade and its occupancy level is low.
It is a semi-urban beach composed mainly of dark sand. With a length of 500 meters and 15 meters wide, it lacks adequate facilities and services, so its occupancy rate is low. It is a windy area with moderate swell.
With 1050 meters long and 15 meters wide, it is an inaccessible and secluded beach located on the edge of some cliffs, where plastic greenhouses which characterize the area predominate. That is why its occupancy level is very low.
It is a semi-urban beach composed mainly of gravel and dark sand. It is located next to the town El Lance de la Virgen and has a length of 490 meters. It is not considered a tourist area, so its occupancy level is very low.